The Missions team at Bethel is committed to providing opportunities for the congregation to help those in need, both outside and inside the church. Our “mission” is to reach those in the surrounding community and around the world by sharing God’s love in concrete ways. In so doing we pray we will draw more people to Christ. By finding ministries and outreach opportunities for the members at Bethel to participate in and work with we connect with people in the midst of their times of distress.
God has blessed us at Bethel and in response we tithe (give a minumum of 10%) of all we have been blessed with to those outside our congregation. Not only do we share monetarily with others, we use our time and our talents to touch the lives of those in need. So, whatever the need we attempt to reach out and meet the needs of those around us.
The following are ministries which we have been blessed to work in and through in an attempt to meet the needs of others:
Denver Rescue Mission
The Denver Rescue Mission is a powerful ministry in the Denver Metro Area. We make meals for the homeless to be handed out on the street and we work serving meals in the shelter periodically. Whether it is our youth group, the adults at Bethel OR both, our hope is to bring hope to those who have found themselves in a hopeless situation. Feel free to join us in changing lives on the streets of Denver!
Lutheran Family Services Of Colorado
Lutheran Family Services gives us the opportunity to reach out to the many in need . We are intricately involved with this powerful outreach and encourage others to join us. The services provided through this phenomenial ministry are:
- Caring for Older Adults
- Disaster Response
- Foster Care
- Fostering Family Strengths
- Pregnancy Counseling
- Legal Immigration Services
- Refugee Services
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention
Lutheran World Relief
In and through the ELCA Bethel supports Lutheran World Relief! When people live in hunger OR in the midst of war OR they experience famine we bring help through our connections with LWR.
- We are at work in 35 countries to combat the causes of poverty and the dignity it robs from people’s lives.
- We advocate for Fair Trade that helps farming families and artisans earn a better income.
- We teach people to better care for themselves, their communities and the environment.
- We teach people how to be less vulnerable to natural disasters.
- We advocate with and for them for policy change that more fairly represents them.
- We counsel them after manmade and natural disasters, and help them recover with material aid.
ELCA World Hunger
Bethel Lutheran Church is connected to the Rocky Mountain Synod of the ELCA, which focuses on finding ways to fight hunger throughout the world. Please feel free to follow the links to find out more information on this powerful connection with those in need.
Four major functions of the ELCA World Hunger Program
The ELCA World Hunger Program improves the lives of people in need in the United States and around the world by:
- providing immediate relief for people affected by chronic hunger and poverty
- assisting whole communities through long-term, sustainable development to help alleviate chronic hunger and poverty
- advocating for justice by changing laws and systems
- educating members of the ELCA in awareness of issues relating to hunger, poverty and justice
“Let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream!”